As previously reported, Sky News is launching a new programme next month which will use web audience’s news preferences to help set the agenda.
Sky.com News will be presented by Martin Stanford every Tuesday to Friday at 7.30pm and will focus on the most popular stories, videos and debates lighting up the web.
The programme will be streamed on the Sky News website, with live content continuing online during the commercial break.
The programme will deal with the whole variety of news content on the web and will include the following sections:
* Most Clicked – the most clicked stories on the Sky News website, and further analysis of one of the most popular stories
* Movers – the stories getting the most hits or recommendations from across the web
* Debate – one of the most discussed stories online explored live with a guest who is part of the web debate
* Video- a rundown of the best popular online videos
* Your News – news from around the world as caught by viewers
Presentation will reflect how web pages are navigated, with the rundown of the programme constantly displayed at the top of the screen. The visual grammar of television news will be adapted to reflect the way users navigate online by ‘opening windows’ on TV with different stories, video and discussions.
Producer of Sky.com News, John Jelley, said: “Sky.com News marks a radical step forward in merging the boundaries between TV breaking news and the web’s news agenda.”