Sir Trevor McDonald will Sign off from News at Ten for the final time tonight.
News at Ten’s viewership is slightly boosted this week by the return of I’m a Celebrity get me out of here!
It was announced a few weeks ago that Mark Austin will replace Sir Trev on News at Ten.
Sir Trevor McDonald said: “I’ve tremendously enjoyed the opportunity to help re-establish News at Ten over the last year, but I’ve made no secret of the fact that I cannot be in the presenter’s chair forever. Anchoring ITV News’s live coverage of a hugely exciting and historic U.S. election seems the opportune moment to leave on a high.”
An ITV spokesman said McDonald will continue hosting the National Television Awards and working on ITV’s current affairs Tonight programme.
Former ITV News correspondent Harry Smith has died. Harry, who began his career in 1969 as editor of local newspaper Forfar Dispatch, died suddenly on Friday morning, his family confirmed. In a statement published on social media this morning, Harry’s… Read more
The Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak will reveal his first budget this afternoon (11 March) after just 27 days in the job. Rishi was previously Chief Secretary to the Treasury from July 2019 to February 2020, and Parliamentary Under… Read more
ITV today announced two new weekend shows – Breakfast at Garraway’s and Martin & Roman’s Sunday Best! – to start in April 2020. Breakfast at Garraway’s will see Good Morning Britain presenter Kate Garraway present her own one-hour show every… Read more