Palace says ‘No’ to 3D Wedding

HomeNewsPalace says ‘No’ to 3D Wedding
Updated on Tuesday 8 February 2011 by @TVNewsroom

One doesn’t want to put on 3D glasses

Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding will not be filmed in 3D.

St James’ Palace refused the request from broadcasters because of the space needed for the format’s cameras and 3D’s relatively small audience.

Patrick Harrison, the Prince of Wales’ press secretary said in a email sent to the BBC, ITN and Sky, obtained by the Guardian: “I’m afraid I have to say that we have decided not to progress with 3D coverage of the service on this occasion.

“There are a number of reasons for this, most notably the additional camera footprint in the Abbey, the relatively small (albeit growing) audience for 3D, and our desire to not be distracted away from negotiating and facilitating the optimal 2D, radio, photographic and online coverage of the day.”

The wedding takes place on April 29th, 2011.

Sky News will air a series of debate programmes titled After The Pandemic: Our New World this week. Sky News presenter, Dermot Murnaghan, seeks to analyse the lasting COVID-19 legacy as well as trying to find solutions that might improve… Read more

Ask the Health Secretary – Sky News Promo 2020

The Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak will reveal his first budget this afternoon (11 March) after just 27 days in the job. Rishi was previously Chief Secretary to the Treasury from July 2019 to February 2020, and Parliamentary Under… Read more