Emma Crosby to Front Five News

emma crosby Image

Former Sky News and GMTV presenter, Emma Crosby is joining Five to present Five News at Seven.

Emma will present her first bulletin on 14th February, and Matt Barbet will continue to host the Five PM bulletin.

Matt said: “I’ve known Emma for years, and it’s excellent news that she is joining Channel 5 News at such an exciting time.”

Since leaving GMTV last year, Emma done some presenting for the BBC News channel and hosted the BBC National news on BBC One during the NUJ Strikes in early November 2010.

Emma said: “I am hugely excited about joining the team. From the outset, Channel 5 News have always enjoyed the reputation of offering viewers something a little bit different and I am over the moon to be a part of that. Matt and I studied at university together so I’m looking forward to the reunion too.”

David Kermode, editor of Channel 5 News, said: “I’m thrilled we have signed two of the brightest talents in the business to front our news programmes.”

Five News is set to be rebranded in the next few weeks.

Posted by on Tuesday 1 February 2011
Posted in
Bernard Ponsonby retires from STV

STV’s special correspondent Bernard Ponsonby has announced he is retiring from the channel after 34 years in the industry. He

Darren McCaffrey Images

Darren McCaffrey is making a return to Sky News. He left the organisation in 2018 to join Euronews before moving

Gillian Anderson as Emily Maitlis on Scoop

Scoop is a film based on the true events leading up to Prince Andrew’s explosive 2019 BBC Newsnight interview. The

Copy link