Sir Trevor McDonald will leave ITV News at Ten Tonight!

vlcsnap

Sir Trevor McDonald will Sign off from News at Ten for the final time tonight.

News at Ten’s viewership is slightly boosted this week by the return of I’m a Celebrity get me out of here!

It was announced a few weeks ago that Mark Austin will replace Sir Trev on News at Ten.

Sir Trevor McDonald said: “I’ve tremendously enjoyed the opportunity to help re-establish News at Ten over the last year, but I’ve made no secret of the fact that I cannot be in the presenter’s chair forever. Anchoring ITV News’s live coverage of a hugely exciting and historic U.S. election seems the opportune moment to leave on a high.”

An ITV spokesman said McDonald will continue hosting the National Television Awards and working on ITV’s current affairs Tonight programme.

Posted by on Thursday 20 November 2008
Posted in
Bernard Ponsonby retires from STV

STV’s special correspondent Bernard Ponsonby has announced he is retiring from the channel after 34 years in the industry. He

Darren McCaffrey Images

Darren McCaffrey is making a return to Sky News. He left the organisation in 2018 to join Euronews before moving

Gillian Anderson as Emily Maitlis on Scoop

Scoop is a film based on the true events leading up to Prince Andrew’s explosive 2019 BBC Newsnight interview. The

Copy link