Sir Trevor Quits ITV News at Ten

Sir Trevor Quits ITV News at Ten

Sir Trevor McDonald is to quit ITV News at Ten in late November, ITV has confirmed.

McDonald, who’ll front ITV’s coverage of the U.S. presidential Election next week, will be replaced by Mark Austin.

Austin will continue to present the Evening News with Mary Nightingale.

Sir Trevor McDonald said: “I’ve tremendously enjoyed the opportunity to help re-establish News at Ten over the last year and to work alongside Julie Etchingham, who is a fantastically talented journalist, but I’ve made no secret of the fact that I cannot be in the presenter’s chair forever.

“Anchoring ITV News’ live coverage of a hugely exciting and historic US election seems the opportune moment to leave on a high.”

Austin said: “I am delighted to be joining News at Ten permanently and look forward to working with Julie Etchingham who is a great journalist, and popular presenter. It is also an honour to follow in the footsteps of Sir Trevor McDonald.”

Julie Etchingham will remain co-presenter of News at Ten.

Posted by on Thursday 30 October 2008
Posted in
Mark Urban to leave the BBC

Mark Urban has announced he is leaving the BBC. He will leave at the end of May after 35 years

Bernard Ponsonby retiring from STV

STV’s special correspondent Bernard Ponsonby has announced he is retiring from the channel after 34 years in the industry. He

Darren McCaffrey is returning to Sky News

Darren McCaffrey is making a return to Sky News. He left the organisation in 2018 to join Euronews before moving