Kelly Dalglish

Sports coverage discussions including, BT, BBC, ITV and Sky Sports
guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Mon May 15, 2006 1:04 pm

Yes full length shots of her at both the Cup draws she covered but she was wearing an full length overcoat in both that covered everything.As for being good at it,I think any of the presenters could have done as good a job

lazyday

Post by lazyday » Tue May 16, 2006 2:19 pm

guvnorgaz wrote on May 14 2006, 07:28 PM:

Yes full length shots of her at both the Cup draws she covered but she was wearing an full length overcoat in both that covered everything.As for being good at it,I think any of the presenters could have done as good a job

[/quote

If that's the case, why don't they? Sky must know something you don't.

txwharfrat

Post by txwharfrat » Tue May 16, 2006 4:32 pm

Hayley McQueen was in Eindhoven for the UEFA Cup final and I have to say she was pretty poor.

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Tue May 16, 2006 4:39 pm

Yes she was pretty poor, and I think Di wouldnt be any good at it either but Clare,Georgie or Vicky would be as good as Kelly

Yes she was pretty poor, and I think Di wouldnt be any good at it either but Clare,Georgie or Vicky would be as good as Kelly.As for why they always send her,I was reading in the Mail the other week and interview she did and she mentions her BF works in TV,I assume at Sky,and I doubt he's a cameraman,so maybe shes dating the boss?Just a thought,but would explain why she gets all the foreign trips,never works early shifts and usually only works a 3 day week,i know recently shes worked 5 days but at the end of last year it was 2 and 3 day weeks all the time.I kept track of how many days she worked from the weekend before Xmas through to the end of January and she worked 14 days

lazyday

Post by lazyday » Tue May 16, 2006 11:27 pm

guvnorgaz wrote on May 15 2006, 05:37 PM:

Yes she was pretty poor, and I think Di wouldnt be any good at it either but Clare,Georgie or Vicky would be as good as Kelly

Yes she was pretty poor, and I think Di wouldnt be any good at it either but Clare,Georgie or Vicky would be as good as Kelly.As for why they always send her,I was reading in the Mail the other week and interview she did and she mentions her BF works in TV,I assume at Sky,and I doubt he's a cameraman,so maybe shes dating the boss?Just a thought,but would explain why she gets all the foreign trips,never works early shifts and usually only works a 3 day week,i know recently shes worked 5 days but at the end of last year it was 2 and 3 day weeks all the time.I kept track of how many days she worked from the weekend before Xmas through to the end of January and she worked 14 days

Taking it one step further, you could ask how many of the female presenters got into the studio by who they knew, i.e. famous fathers, boyfriends. I could mention at least three.

Borowillie

Post by Borowillie » Wed May 17, 2006 12:42 am

Agree with the girls who got in because of who they know or who they are related to but you gotta be good at the job too. They got a foot in the door through a surname but it's about being good at a job too. I think Hayley McQueen has got much better, not that she was bad to start with but she's only new. I may be biased as a Boro fan & my mate worked with her at Boro TV, she has a degree in journalism & straight after Uni worked as a producer & reporter at Boro TV for 3 years before going to Sky, she is still only young & I reakon they sent her to Eindhoven coz she knows Middlesbrough FC & probably has the contacts through the club. Kellys bin doin it for years & Hayley & Mille are only both really new, so not going to be great to start with. Di bin there nearly 2 yers now so they are bound to be better.

Hayley & Kelly are also bound to know more than most girls as they grew up with footie & couldn't get away from it, just so happens they are good lookin girls too!

lazyday

Post by lazyday » Thu May 18, 2006 8:14 am

Borowillie wrote:Agree with the girls who got in because of who they know or who they are related to but you gotta be good at the job too. They got a foot in the door through a surname but it's about being good at a job too. I think Hayley McQueen has got much better, not that she was bad to start with but she's only new. I may be biased as a Boro fan & my mate worked with her at Boro TV, she has a degree in journalism & straight after Uni worked as a producer & reporter at Boro TV for 3 years before going to Sky, she is still only young & I reakon they sent her to Eindhoven coz she knows Middlesbrough FC & probably has the contacts through the club. Kellys bin doin it for years & Hayley & Mille are only both really new, so not going to be great to start with. Di bin there nearly 2 yers now so they are bound to be better.

Hayley & Kelly are also bound to know more than most girls as they grew up with footie & couldn't get away from it, just so happens they are good lookin girls too!

You were right in picking up on the ones I was referring to. Yes, when Di started she wasn't that brilliant and is of course very much at home in the studio now. Although , she did have an interest in other sports (not JUST rugby), and perhaps her stint in acting helped too.

JIMO96

Post by JIMO96 » Thu May 18, 2006 6:20 pm

What's happened to Kellys voice? In fact, who cares.....she's even sexier now.....if that were possible!

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Thu May 18, 2006 6:26 pm

They should move that Gail Davis into the studio,she seems to know her stuff.

And I think Kenny has forgotten to slip into character for tv tonight,he has the wig on and the lippy but has forgot to change his voice!

And that necklace,I dont think that is what her bf meant when he said she would look good with a pearl necklace!

JamesJnr

Post by JamesJnr » Thu May 18, 2006 7:40 pm

harsh