Ban Adverts On Sporting Events

Sports coverage discussions including, BT, BBC, ITV and Sky Sports
me

Post by me » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:17 pm

Does anyone think, like me, it is so frustrating on sporting events, such as grand prix and last nights boxing, they have to have an advert during the grand prix races and at the end of a round in boxing.

In my view, during those type of events, why cant they show trailers of programmes coming up in future instead of showing crap adverts.

Whoever is in charge of showing adverts on telly etc should ask the public what they want and not what the people at the channel

del

Post by del » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:19 pm

In Germany [and here I can only vouch for F1 coverage as I watch other Motorsport via Eurosport/Motors TV who aren't too bad] during an add-break the screen divides into two, with a smaller screen carrying on the coverage, reverting back to full screen when the add-breaks are over.

Although not providing commentary, it does allow you to see the race and keep sponsors happy.

I don't see why this would be such a problem for carriers such as ITV etc. to include in their coverage?

It is also quite annoying when you see 45 minutes of football then an add-break, compared to add-breaks every 15 minutes with the F1....

xxx

Post by xxx » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:25 pm

Why would they ask your opinion when they are getting a lot of money for accepting to put them on-screen from the companies themselves?

Are you willing for a higher TV license to satisfy your need for a non-advertised sporting event?

me

Post by me » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:36 am

Basically I am not no.

Just a thought thats all, gets so fristrating when watching a sporting event and u get adverts interrupting the event thats all

xxx

Post by xxx » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:37 am

I do agree with you though they can be really annoying. ITV especially.