Millie Clode

Sports coverage discussions including, BT, BBC, ITV and Sky Sports
guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:47 am

Not totally true, Millie was from a quiz channel but Hayley and Alison came from club channels

txwharfrat

Post by txwharfrat » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:24 am

yeah I suppose i was a tad general, but the point still stands that these girls are hired mainly for one reason only. Not there is anything wrong with hiring presenters for eye candy of course.

Borowillie

Post by Borowillie » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:28 am

Think thats a little unfair. I'll try dig it out but Hayley used to have a profile on the Boro tv website which no longer exists, she did a 4 year journalism degree & lists one of her greatest achievements as producing a documentary on Football whilst at Uni. Georgie Thompson didnt even have a sporting back ground but has a degree in broadcast journalism. Hayley also worked at a club channel covering Middlesbrough FC & the other Norh East club for 3 years as a reporter & producer not even a presenter. Ive seen Kelly, Hayley, Georgie & Vicky all do stuff that's not on autocue & interviews. As for Alison aparntly she is footie mad has a background in News & is currently working for Real Madrid Tv! hasnt been on for a while either....hope they get her in a bit more i was warming to her.

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:59 am

You could argue that Kelly falls into the talentless totty category, she hasnt any qualifications in journalism, I believe she was doing a maths degree at Uni, I even read an interview she did where she says she thinks she only got the job because of who her father is

txwharfrat

Post by txwharfrat » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:57 pm

If Hayley is such a journalistic goddess why is she just sat like a lemon this evening whilst Ian Payne does every single interview and round-up on the Italian match fixing verdicts?

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:36 pm

Because Ian Payne thinks he is a star and takes over the show, he still thinks its the football season where he used to do Thurs and Fri night on his own, it doesnt matter who he is on with, he takes over

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:20 am

guvnorgaz wrote:Because Ian Payne thinks he is a star and takes over the show, he still thinks its the football season where he used to do Thurs and Fri night on his own, it doesnt matter who he is on with, he takes over

Ian's told what interview to do by the shows producers - he hasn't got a choice.

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:16 am

They always seem to go with who sits on the left of the 2 presenters

txwharfrat

Post by txwharfrat » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:40 am

yep - and that's usually the man isn't it.

i've got nothing against the girls on SSN, it's just that it's always the bloke who does all the actual work. The exceptions to this rule are probably Georgie Thompson/Kelly Dalglish, who get to conduct interviews, deal with breaking news etc etc. The rest are just there to look pretty.

On another note, where's Mark Bolton this year? He usually fills in on SSN during the summer, but i haven't seen him at all this time round.

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:40 am

He was pulled off SSN for some crack about the scousers