Hatred! Chelsea or Man U?

Sports coverage discussions including, BT, BBC, ITV and Sky Sports
dustymoo

Post by dustymoo » Tue May 02, 2006 12:20 pm

Chelsea are disliked because of their recent success, more to the point, their money. This is completely understandable. But will they ever be despised as much as Man U?

My answer as a Northerner, is no! We hated Man U just as much back in the 60?s, 70?s & 80?s when they were winning nothing! Fans admired Liverpool dominating Europe, as well as routing for Villa & Forest.

The reason why Man U will always be hated, even if they were relegated, is that most clubs are part of the community. One thing Man U has never been!

If Chelsea won the next ten titles, they will never be as hated as Man U!

mazoeboy

Post by mazoeboy » Tue May 02, 2006 12:33 pm

If Chalsea was even close to winning the next 10 titles they would introduce a wage cap or something like that.

I'm a Man Utd fan, so Chelsea for me

Stevo

Post by Stevo » Wed May 03, 2006 11:29 am

jaggerc1 wrote:If Chalsea was even close to winning the next 10 titles they would introduce a wage cap or something like that. - I'm a Man Utd fan, so Chelsea for me

I don't think anybody could ever be as hated as Manchester Utd are. (By non-Manchester United supporters obviously!) Although if Roman & Jose stick around in London, who knows..... that might well change? But I'll take Man Utd as the club to despise anyday. ABU is a religion. It'll take decades for Chelsea FC to spoil that.