World Cup (Merged)

Sports coverage discussions including, BT, BBC, ITV and Sky Sports
txwharfrat

Post by txwharfrat » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:37 pm

do you really think the interview with Bobby Charlton only took 2 minutes - you can;t be that naive to think that what you see on screen is all that takes place. I've heard of 45 minute interviews being cut to 60 seconds to fit on TV.

why do you care how many hours she works? She has a good job - so what? Good luck to her.

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:04 pm

SSLuke wrote:do you really think the interview with Bobby Charlton only took 2 minutes - you can;t be that naive to think that what you see on screen is all that takes place. I've heard of 45 minute interviews being cut to 60 seconds to fit on TV.

why do you care how many hours she works? She has a good job - so what? Good luck to her.

Ok so she worked 3 hours, my heart bleeds. I care cos my Sky subs go up every year to pay for the likes of her to have a paid holiday. There is no reason why the World Cup report cannot be presented from the UK, I can understand the reporters all being out there but not the presenters, they arent showing any games.

txwharfrat

Post by txwharfrat » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:28 am

i think it's more likely that your Sky sub is going up because of money spent on sports rights, HD technology and marketing, and failed news channel relaunches rather than Kelly Dalglish's wages!

She must have done something to you in a previous life as you never seem to pass up the opportunity to have a go at her. Dave Jones is on 'holiday' as well isn't he? Why aren't you mentioning him?

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:31 am

The World Cup Report on Sky Sports News is pretty good, I didn't see Kelly today. and i noticed Rob Wotton was doing the 10pm edition of the report. Was David Jones on yesterday?

https://www.tvnewsroom.org/viewpictures.php?gallery=worldcup/ssnwcImages of The World Cup Report.

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:16 pm

Johnnie wrote:The World Cup Report on Sky Sports News is pretty good, I didn't see Kelly today. and i noticed Rob Wotton was doing the 10pm edition of the report. Was David Jones on yesterday?

https://www.tvnewsroom.org/viewpictures.php?gallery=worldcup/ssnwcImages of The World Cup Report.

Kelly does 7am and 8am, Dave Jones does 12,1 and 7pm, one of the UK presenters does 10pm.When it starts the 7pm slot will be done by Richard Keys and Andy Gray.

And yes Jones is on holiday aswell, with Sky not showing live games and just doing chat and analysis there is no need for the presenters to be in Germany

SSLuke wrote:i think it's more likely that your Sky sub is going up because of money spent on sports rights, HD technology and marketing, and failed news channel relaunches rather than Kelly Dalglish's wages!

She must have done something to you in a previous life as you never seem to pass up the opportunity to have a go at her. Dave Jones is on 'holiday' as well isn't he? Why aren't you mentioning him?

I seem to remember mentioning all presenters out there

The Eagle

Post by The Eagle » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:09 pm

guvnorgaz wrote:And yes Jones is on holiday aswell, with Sky not showing live games and just doing chat and analysis there is no need for the presenters to be in Germany

We've established that you think that they're on holiday!

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:39 am

Mark Austin will be presenting the Evening News (6.30) from Germany tonight. Mary in London

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:33 pm

Wots all this moaning about the heat in Germany? Becks plays in Spain and he was banging on about it yesterday, why dont they just be honest and say 'we played shite'

scottish

Post by scottish » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:22 am

Johnnie wrote:Mark Austin will be presenting the Evening News (6.30) from Germany tonight. Mary in London

Johnnie - was he presenting from Munich do you know? If so, did you make any screencaps? It's just that I know Munich quite well and it would be interesting to see what kind of shots they used. Not to worry if not Sure there will be lots of coverage from places I know over the next few weeks!

COLEY

Post by COLEY » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:25 pm

guvnorgaz wrote:Wots all this moaning about the heat in Germany? Becks plays in Spain and he was banging on about it yesterday, why dont they just be honest and say 'we played shite'

YE BUT 3 POINTS WERE ALL THAT MATTERED AT THE END OF THE DAY.

cole09mcfc wrote:all the press have places out there so they're not doing anything different, i think the graphics are amazing!

SHITE OF MANCHESTER ( NOT ROONEY)