Michael Crick to join Channel 4 News

timeshift 07 1822 49 22 bbctwo07 1913 45 26

BBC Newsnight’s [[Michael Crick]] is to leave the corporation to take up a role at Channel 4 News.

He will become Political Correspondent, taking the role vacated by Cathy Newman – who is to become a regular presenter alongside Jon and Krishnan.

Timeshift 07-18 22-49-22 BBC TWO 07-19 13-45-26

Crick was a founding member of the Channel 4 News team when the programme launched in 1982. In 1988 he moved to America to become Washington Correspondent.

He joined the BBC in 1990, then moved to Newsnight in 1992.

Crick said: “Channel 4 News has a reputation for an in-depth, analytical and cheeky approach to politics, and I look forward to delivering exactly that.

“Whilst I am sad to leave Newsnight after 19 happy years, I have always admired Gary Gibbon’s journalism and it’s fantastic to be returning to my ITN roots to join him and the rest of the Channel 4 News team.”

Posted by on Tuesday 19 July 2011
Posted in
Bernard Ponsonby retires from STV

STV’s special correspondent Bernard Ponsonby has announced he is retiring from the channel after 34 years in the industry. He

Darren McCaffrey Images

Darren McCaffrey is making a return to Sky News. He left the organisation in 2018 to join Euronews before moving

Gillian Anderson as Emily Maitlis on Scoop

Scoop is a film based on the true events leading up to Prince Andrew’s explosive 2019 BBC Newsnight interview. The

Copy link