New Advert

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
tippguy

Post by tippguy » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:41 am

I was looking at the lastest advert for sky news and they showed some reporter not sure who it was under water with a oxygen tank on his back with sky news plasterd all over it. i dont understand what the pursose of that is at all. also i dont know why sky news bother to have a helicopter when a lot of the time they just hire one out. here in Ireland on several occasions they have hired one out. whats the point. also today they had a sky shot from London and i dont think it was the sky news chopper. if its too expensive to use then just sell the thing!!!

AJ

Post by AJ » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:26 am

It's just an updated version of the Sky News Technology & Innovation advert - I suppose the diver is on there to illustrate the fact that they're the only news organisation in the UK with their own dive team.

With regards to the Skycopter - it seems to be more of a gimmick (as with most things on Sky News these days) - rarely used, seems to just let Sky say that they have one.

tippguy

Post by tippguy » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:49 pm

sky had the skycopter out today for the london 2012 bid. it was an awful lot quiter than the other choper's used on sky. hope to see more of it.

eagleeye

Post by eagleeye » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:52 pm

They have a "dive team"?! For stories that have sunk without trace?

Oh I am sorry. Behave

hamishnewhouse

Post by hamishnewhouse » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:25 pm

does anyone else subscribe to sky news sms alerts?

tippguy

Post by tippguy » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:28 pm

last thursday night when the nine o'clock news finished at 9.56 or whatever sky never went for ad's they showed a simular type world weather programme to that of fox news when they go for ad's. i no they probally only show that over here and have ad's in the usa. it was brilliant and it also showed news headlines and sport headlines. there was no voice just all sky news music, pictures and text. i wonder will we be seeing it again. maybe its made all the time for sky viewers outside of the uk and ireland. i'm living in Ireland maybe i wasn't suppost to recieve it?

daved2424

Post by daved2424 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:18 pm

tippguy+Feb 27 2005, 10:50 PM(tippguy @ Feb 27 2005, 10:50 PM)

last thursday night when the nine o'clock news finished at 9.56 or whatever sky never went for ad's they showed a simular type world weather programme to that of fox news when they go for ad's. i no they probally only show that over here and have ad's in the usa. it was brilliant and it also showed news headlines and sport headlines. there was no voice just all sky news music, pictures and text. i wonder will we be seeing it again. maybe its made all the time for sky viewers outside of the uk and ireland. i'm living in Ireland maybe i wasn't suppost to recieve it?

Sounds like a mistake at transmission. What you're descibing is Sky News International if I'm right.