Presenters sexuailty

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:49 pm

By all means, please post again. Why wouldn't you?

I think Mr Byrne hit the nail on the head when he raised the issue of the Catholic ChurchI don't go by the Holy Bible. I haven't been to mass since May (unless you include funeral masses) and the next time I go to a church will be Christmas Day (unless theres another death before that or I get cancer).

I dissagree with some things the church says but most of what they teach I do agree with. I agree with some of the old testiment aswell. - like an eye for an eye. I agreed with the American invasion of Afghanistan for example. - I dissagree with the Catholic Churches stance on Divorce and I dissagree with the richman should give his money to the poor idea. So don't write me off as a Christian extreemist just yet.

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:29 am

are your feelings as strong towards lesbians and bi- sexualsBi-sexuals - I term them as just being completely addicted to sex that they have to drive on both sides of the road. Its the same thing - if they want to do it, fine, if they wear womens clothes, I'd think that they're very strange.

Lesbians - They don't like straight men at all! - I'll say that much about them (had a bad experience once) not saying that they're all like that though. Same thing. I wouldn't be attracted to a woman that shaves her head and I think its a bit strange. But I have no problems with lesbians in the same way that I have no problems with gays.

eagleeye

Post by eagleeye » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:29 pm

Well, we've found the Queen of the Non Sequiturs folks...

Talking of "driving on both sides of the road", mate I'm going to drive OFF the bleedin' road if you don't stop. Please!!! Have mercy!...

Can't we have your views on the Royals or something else now?

AnjaliWOW

Post by AnjaliWOW » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:37 pm

eagleeye+Nov 28 2004, 07:39 PM(eagleeye @ Nov 28 2004, 07:39 PM)

Can't we have your views on the Royals or something else now?

I'm not going to respond anymore to this thread topic but you can have MY view on the royals if you don't mind.....they should be all done away with!

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:09 pm

they should be all done away with! I wouldn't mind if you made me a royal - pay me lots of money and I'll do whatever they do.

kev667

Post by kev667 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:45 am

http://uk.gay.com/headlines/7190http:// ... lines/7190> (quote from this site, hope they don't mind)

Archbishop calls for halt to anti-gay language

Ben Townley, Gay.com UK

Monday 29 November, 2004 12:22

The Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams has spoken out against verbal attacks on lesbian and gay people during the ongoing row over sexual diversity within the Anglican Communion.

In a three-page letter to churches within the communion, Williams says that the fierce language seen during the debate on gay bishops and blessings of same-sex relationships should be repented.

Additionally, he has drawn direct links between what some members of the Anglican Church say - the most ferocious comments have drawn links between gay men and dogs - and the recent spate of anti-gay violence seen in the UK.

He also says that verbal attacks can lead to low self-esteem amongst gay people, and subsequently increase the chances of suicide attempts.

"Any words that could make it easier for someone to attack or abuse a homosexual person are words of which we must repent," he says in the letter.

"Do not think repentance is always something others are called to, but acknowledge the failings we all share, sinful and struggling disciples as we are."

"In the heat of this controversy things have been said about homosexual people that have made many of them, including those who lead celibate lives, feel that there is no good news for them in the church," he added

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:01 pm

Thats the Anglican church - I'm a Catholic

AnjaliWOW

Post by AnjaliWOW » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:30 pm

Mr Byrne+Nov 29 2004, 03:37 PM(Mr Byrne @ Nov 29 2004, 03:37 PM)

Thats the Anglican church - I'm a Catholic

Likewise!

Mr Byrne

Post by Mr Byrne » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:32 pm

Comhghairdeas! - Agus c? bhfuil t? in ?rinn Anjali?