Reporter To Presenter

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
NEWSBOY2

Post by NEWSBOY2 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:47 pm

By the way I'm glad you brought me up on my punctuation, so easy to forget stuff like that when you are bashing away in a net forum. I take being a "nit pick" as a complement, especially as I am training as a Broadcast Journalist.

Hullo

Post by Hullo » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:45 pm

My 2 cents' worth :

Emma is awful and amateur because she smiles inanely all the time, can't read, can't improvise, is never too sure when it's morning, afternoon or evening, has been taught to sit on a slight angle to the desk so does so always, whatever the circumstances, and never gives you the impression that she actually understands what she is talking about, which ought to be the first requirement.

Kay is awful and unprofessional because she often interviews too aggressively, usually doesn't bear in mind that the interviewee is listening though an earpiece (if I had a pound for every time I've heard "would you mind repeating that, Kay?"...), seems intent on point-scoring against her male colleague, seems obsessed about children in general and little boys in particular, and generally seems to fancy herself far too much. Only one exception sticks in my mind: the afternoon of 9/11.

Rachel is brilliant. Not only in the Beslan siege (where she was outstanding), but also doing things tlike standing outside the Old Bailey or the High Court and improvising the clearest and most cogent reports, sometimes while still out of breath. It's silly to think she should become a presenter (I agree with the remark about Juliet Errington, really good reporting but awful in the studio), but I hope Rachel is promoted in some way!

Abby

Post by Abby » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:32 pm

For once I find myself agreeing with most of the sentiments listed in this forum;

Juliet Errington, good reporter, dreadful presenter (her early morning news reading a few weeks ago still gives me nightmares).

Emma Crosby, beautiful and bright, but I dread the way that she speaks through her nose. Always reminds me of someone with sinus problems (I work in healthcare!)

Adam Boulton, the brains of Sky News. Love him (he's very sexy too!).

Kay Burley, very intelligent but gives me the distinct impression that she is very conceited. Can be a bit condescending when interviewing people.

Jeremy Thompson, Mr Sky News. The consumate professional.

Rachel Amatt did a great job in Baslan.

AnjaliWOW

Post by AnjaliWOW » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:56 pm

Emma Crosby is a BABE!!!