New Look for Sunrise from Monday April 19th!!!

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
MelbourneTV

Post by MelbourneTV » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:48 am

I see that Sky News (in the UK) now have the same ident as Sky News Australia. Since it was changed first in Australia, am I right in assuming that an Sky News Australia desgined it or did Sky UK desigin it and Aus. just used it first?

BskyB designed it. Sky Australia cant even do astons yet alone an open.

Newsrat

Post by Newsrat » Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:02 pm

The graphic looks fine,...but standing positions of Lorna & Greg and different camera shots are even more noticeable than the new graphic. They both did main news standing, like on "Sky News Today", then Lorna moved to the news wall and did "News in Brief". Everything looks much more dynamic on Sunrise now.  

....but one bad thing...the ticker...not here too!  

______

Tanya

Havent seen the "new" Sunrise to be able to comment. The only remark I would make:-

Ticker be Gone , Simon come back , and all will be alright with the world

AJ

Post by AJ » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:40 pm

Havent seen the "new" Sunrise to be able to comment. The only remark I would make:-

Ticker be Gone  :evil:, Simon come back  :wink:, and all will be alright with the world  :D

oh dear - very VERY flawed argument there

if you haven't seen it in action, then how can you possibly comment. To be fair to Greg he is very well suited to Sunrise and works well with Lorna.

As for the non ticking ticker - it is rather annoying - why not have weather and travel reports scrolling?

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:56 pm

When the NEWS ALERT appears it looks very odd as the slug text is still down at its usual level.

And is it just me, or are the TOP STORIES and COMING UP straps bouncing back quicker now?

Newsrat

Post by Newsrat » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:15 am

Ticker be Gone  :evil:, Simon come back  :wink:, and all will be alright with the world  :D

oh dear - very VERY flawed argument there

No, just the Simon faithfull living in hope.

No where else on the net to discuss the lad.

AJ

Post by AJ » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:50 pm

that's an idea for Johnnie -

how about a forum where we can discuss past presenters/graphics/programmes etc to go with the past presenters section

TV Newsroom

Post by TV Newsroom » Tue May 04, 2004 5:21 pm

that's an idea for Johnnie -  

how about a forum where we can discuss past presenters/graphics/programmes etc to go with the past presenters section  :?

I had a past forum on the first ever forums. It got too confusing and there were threads all over the place. Best if there is one Sky News Forum for all Sky News topics.

Good idea - but wouldn't work.

TV Newsroom

Post by TV Newsroom » Tue May 04, 2004 5:45 pm

Littlejohn has his own static ticker with the mailto:littlejohn@sky.com">littlejohn@sky.com email address and press red for active.

AJ

Post by AJ » Tue May 04, 2004 5:58 pm

there was a couple of nice new stings during littlejohn tonight

in the style of the new idents, with LITTLEJOHN scrolling back and forth in the background, then the segment title as a light burst - very nice

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Wed May 12, 2004 12:53 pm

The text allignment in the red slug has now changed to be centrally alligned.

(PS Where has the 'new graphics' topic gone?)