Sky News - General Thread

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
imagedude

Post by imagedude » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:35 am

SSLuke wrote:
thegraphic wrote:If they do move to single headed bulletins I think they should base each program around the presenters and their strengths more. e.g Martin Stanford have the program preseted completely from the newswall etc.

and what is it with JT, he hardly does a week without having a month off?

where have you been? they tried that and it flopped. Sky presenters just aren't famous or interesting enough to have shows built around them.

the reason i hark back to the days of two presenters is because that's what they did best.

Who said they'd be popular, Im know they wouldn't be, BUT it is cheap.

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:41 am

The star presenter thing is a fraud, ITV paid big bucks to get Kirsty Young from 5 only to discover that her show on 5 was popular because of the laid back style of it, it was different, and not because people liked Kirsty Young

Lone

Post by Lone » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:43 am

The thing is, excusing the American and International news channels, I don't know of any UK news channels managing to succesfully make 'presenter based programmes' work. I even remember the Alistair Stewart show on the ITV news channel, even if that wasn't a sinking ship I doubt it would have lasted much longer.

del

Post by del » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:25 am

The Emma and Steve [Gaisford] Biscuit clip has been uploaded to youtube, if anyone is intrested;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPrqqnp-3v8">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPrqqnp-3v8>

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:37 am

The KAte Garraway clip is class, guy emails in saying if he won a million he would spend it on taking Garraway on a date as she is the best looking woman on telly and her co presenter then continues 'and we both know it would take a lot less than a million pound'

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:27 am

Will anyone in the midlands area please go and throw Kay Burley of that bridge

Lone

Post by Lone » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:17 am

guvnorgaz wrote:Will anyone in the midlands area please go and throw Kay Burley of that bridge

LOL. Is (was) it raining from where she was reporting?

If so, did she look grumpy and misreable?

del

Post by del » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:03 am

Considering Steve Dixon managed to handle Tewkesbury, Evesham and the M5 for 2 days, having JT, Brazier and Burley in all three is a bit pointless.

Oh well, it is sky.....

imagedude

Post by imagedude » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:24 pm

guvnorgaz wrote:Will anyone in the midlands area please go and throw Kay Burley of that bridge

She was pretty shite today from that bridge,

Steve was really very good over the weekend.

and don't forget Anna Jones and martin Stanford from the newswall

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:34 am

Anna Jones was out and about aswell.

Great stuff, you are up to your necks in water, have no electricity, no water supply, everything you own is ruined and Sky sends in The Burley Monster.

And that clown on BBC was pathetic, screaming 'who are you and what are you doing?' at everyone who moved