Best Sky News Female Presenter?

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:44 am

I never mentioned her being black, so dont make out my post was racist, I said she wasnt fit on the grounds of her not being very good at her job, not because she is black

Lone

Post by Lone » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:34 am

techno_surfer wrote:I'm guessing you never read Guvs post regarding LB being so unworthy he wouldn't even warrant her to carry Julie E's coffee?

You can defend this chap all you want, but that sort of tone is disturbing and it is downright disgusting to read. I do believe the slave trade has been abolished.

Thankfully the post was deleted!

Sorry, but I haven't seen anything in Gaz's post to suggest he is racist. Seeing as he is one of the oldest members of this forum, if he was indeed racist I'm sure he would have been banned ages ago.

Besides, I agree that LBis nothing special, some people need to accept that people are allowed to voice their opinion on an individual, good or bad.

DDP

Post by DDP » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:45 am

techno_surfer wrote:Thankfully the post was deleted!
So how am I supposed to have read it then you nong?

You make an unfounded BS allegation of racism due to your obvious PC attitude, yet it's okay for you to have a resident borderline stalker on the forum who isn't kept in check? I guess you'll be claiming that 244 posts (408 total, though one isn't him...ahem...cough cough) in a thread of 499 isn't obsessive behavior next

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:45 am

In the post Techno is referring to I said Burak was poor and wasnt fit to carry Julie Etchinghams coffee, let alone call herself a presenter like Julie. It was a reference to her lack of ability but Techno is twisting it to imply I said it in a racist way. It makes no difference to me what colour Lukwesa Burak is, I say I think she is poor, based on her performance on TV, not because she is black.

People like Techno like to twist things in order to sh*t stir and cause trouble

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:37 pm

Do you guys wanna continue this crap on Private Messenger?

This forum is for discussions based on Television news, presentation, staff rotas, news coverage, etc..

It seems whenever this forum becomes active its due to in-fighting between a few members.

Please, lets keep this forum to what it was original set out for, discussing tv news related topics.

Johnnie.

irxin

Post by irxin » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:15 pm

I very much agree Johnnie but few of the members seem to want a sensible discussion at any level. I posted three or four replies a couple of days ago that were not philosophical masterpieces but I would have thought the odd reply would have been likely

DDP

Post by DDP » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:47 pm

Sensible discussion at any level? so the obsessive reviewing of a presenter every time she is on TV across the entire board is okay? Maybe we should all start a thread and do the same as obsessive behavior is perfectly okay. God forbid you should criticise anything on this forum because of the fanboy attitude or have a non PC outlook on life

Lone

Post by Lone » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:14 am

DDP wrote:Sensible discussion at any level? so the obsessive reviewing of a presenter every time she is on TV across the entire board is okay? Maybe we should all start a thread and do the same as obsessive behavior is perfectly okay. God forbid you should criticise anything on this forum because of the fanboy attitude or have a non PC outlook on life

I have to agree with you there mate, fair enough this forum is for discussing Television news, presentation, staff rotas, news coverage and the like, but surely the stuff we have seen regarding a certain SN midnight presenter belongs on some dedicated fan site/group, and not clogging up these forums?