Sky News Weather Presenters

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
Plexus

Post by Plexus » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:17 pm

Could be it's just me, but isn't there an overwhelming

female bias in the weather presenting?

OK: Lisa, Denise, Isobel, Jo and Lucy all do a good job,

but Francis (the most professional and informative one

of the whole team) seems to be out on his own.

Perhaps it suits him to work the evening shifts.

There are a number of excellent young male

weather presenters currently working for the BBC....

maybe it's high time to offer one of them a job on Sky!!!

DRL

Post by DRL » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:03 am

Last week's Rory Bremner programme had a wonderful take-off of Francis. All his mannerisms were there, and it was done in an affectionate way.I think Francis would have enjoyed it.It's been said before, but Francis has an amazing watchable style. He has no rival on any channel!

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:38 pm

DRL wrote:Last week's Rory Bremner programme had a wonderful take-off of Francis. All his mannerisms were there, and it was done in an affectionate way.

I think Francis would have enjoyed it.

It's been said before, but Francis has an amazing watchable style. He has no rival on any channel!Francis would have enjoyed itWhen I think of last weeks Rory Bremner programme with a wonderful take-off of Francis Wilson, I am sure he would have enjoyed it, too!classeyham.........

Lone

Post by Lone » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:59 pm

It is definitely true that there is a female bias as far as Sky News Weather is concerned, but that doesn't surprise me. Plus, IMO a few past and present BBC presenters, like Rob McElwee, are easily up to Francis standards, and let's not forget the legend that is Michael Fish

vicky23

Post by vicky23 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:31 pm

I love Francis, total legend. I always imagine that he has had a tipple before reading the weather. Fab guy!The Rory Bremner sketch was hilarious