DIVERSE BEEB

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
Daisy Steiner

Post by Daisy Steiner » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:25 pm

Thought i was the only one who'd noticed this.I think they don't actually care about how they come across - like most organisations i imagine that there is a lot of cronism playing a part in what we the public have to endure.

Lone

Post by Lone » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:56 pm

Plexus wrote:Lone wrote:It's very good, I watch it more then any of the other news channels.

Hi Lone,

Yeah, I agree Al Jazeerah is a professionally presented news channel.

Can't help thinking that there's going to be a serious anti-west bias overall,

but let's face it, we suffer the opposite from the established UK news channels don't we???

Have a nice day.That's just it Plexus, IMHO there isn't any anti-west bias, I see it as very well balanced. Heck, I'd even go as far to say that in some ways it does slightly lean towards as being pro-western, but if you look at it form the perspective of Sky or any American news channel, it may not seem that way.It's probably the best balanced channel out there (who'd have thought that of Al-Jazeera no less).

Daisy Steiner

Post by Daisy Steiner » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:04 am

Interesting debate on Legend - Moira Stuart going on at http://www.tvforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... m/viewtopi ... &start=108This may show my years, however, I remember an interview in which Moira spoke quite emotionally of how hard it was for her when she first started. The British viewers didn't take to kindly to having someone of her ethnic background on their screen, and in particular what harsh criticism she suffered because of her 'look'...espespically her afro hair - Vile and cruel letters and comments sent into the BBC.Good to see things have moved on, and there is so much support for her down the years...Hope she is kept on in some capacity at the Beeb.