Sky News Graphics Revamp

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
classeyham

Post by classeyham » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:33 pm

Are You Lonesome Tonight?Hi Craig Gordon!If you think, that Sky News have the VERY Slow World News Tonight, I must tell you: This is NOT true.

At least you must only have seen it ones, maybe twice - and already tonight I ask you here: Are You Still Awake?

With presenters like Lukwesa Burak, Samantha Simmonds, Orla Chennoui, Faye Barker, Ursula Errington, Sasha Quari and Angela Corpe, yes young presenters between 29 - 34, with visionary and a fab, dam*ed, good team!Try one month more and think before you write - maybe two month - and then we all can conclute you: Are You (Also) Lonesome Tonight?

....Friendly Classeyham....

DDP

Post by DDP » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:45 pm

OMFG...the Lukwesa thread is spreading

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:37 pm

DDP wrote:OMFG...the Lukwesa thread is spreading

What?s the different?I can see, that Colin Brazier have the future like Lukwesa Burak and Samantha Simmonds - but not the Sky primadonna Kay Burley. Sorry about that and OM*G....Classeyham...

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:46 pm

DDP wrote:If they failed once in an expensive re-launch, why dick around with the graphics etc again which not only has cost them viewers but also even more money on a since reduced budget.

I get the feeling that greed and Murdoch Jr is as a much to blame as John Ryley for the demise of the channel. As i've said before, if they want to be innovative they should simply go back to basics and do what they are supposed to be doing, and that is to be journalists and not trying to be website designers appealing to the lowest common denominator in terms of attention span

Here I Go Again

Here I/We go again....I agree, with you, DDP, If Murdock and co. want to be innovative they should simply go back to basics and do what they are supposed to be doing - and that is to be journalists and NOT trying to be website designers appealing to the lowest common denominator in terms of attention span Friendly Classeyham.....

DDP

Post by DDP » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:58 pm

Sky up its own ass again regarding 'Breaking News'. When I was watching Idol this morning, the local Fox affiliate broke in with news of a 4.2 earthquake in the San Fran area (I was watching a west coast stream). Sky AFAIK still haven't reported it, let alone made it a 'breaking news' story (not sure what time it was as I wasn't clock watching but was around 0500). They did however run the Moron Banner across the screen with a report of a Marine killed in Anbar Province two days ago and while that does really p;ss me off, it's common for the DoD and MNF-Iraq to announce casualties days after and is in no way 'Breaking News'. But an earthquake?

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:32 pm

classeyham wrote:DDP wrote:OMFG...the Lukwesa thread is spreading

What?s the different?

I can see, that Colin Brazier have the future like Lukwesa Burak and Samantha Simmonds - but not the Sky primadonna Kay Burley. Sorry about that and OM*G....Classeyham... Cant you post without mentioning L****** B****? Does your missus get jealous?

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:31 pm

guvnorgaz wrote:classeyham wrote:DDP wrote:OMFG...the Lukwesa thread is spreading

What?s the different?

I can see, that Colin Brazier have the future like Lukwesa Burak and Samantha Simmonds - but not the Sky primadonna Kay Burley. Sorry about that and OM*G....Classeyham...

Cant you post without mentioning L****** B****? Does your missus get jealous?Lisbeth Bruhn.....Hi Mr. Guvnorgaz. Every day I am writing interviews or/and leading article(s), and now you are asking me...posting without mentioning L****** B****? You are a tuff guy.....

No. I can?t this evening after 10 hours hard working job. Why? Because one of our best girlfriend from Valby, Copenhagen, be named Lisbeth Bruhn....so...never mind!

Then you ask about missus? Do you mean my lovely wife, because she always say: I don?t care. I am not jealous! And of course the same from me to her!

Or are you talking Missus Crumb, alias Aline Kominsky Crumbs wife. Sorry Guvnorgaz. I can?t remember her anymore. It is 20 years ago. Or maybe 23. So have a fantastic weekend with Sky News or Sky Sport. See you next week!

.........Friendly Classeyham.....

TV Newsroom

Post by TV Newsroom » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:05 am

I cant stand the graphics that spinning logo is doing my head in wish they just left it alone, if it aint broke dont fix it springs to mind

TV Newsroom

Post by TV Newsroom » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:03 pm

More Tweaks on the way, including a redesigned Active.http://skynews3.typepad.com/my_weblog/2 ... y_weblog/2 ... ions_.html

TV Newsroom

Post by TV Newsroom » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:41 pm

I've noticed some changes: The logo now spins taking the date/time with it. The graphics look tons better with out any blue in the main screen

uploads/images/22922102.jpghttps://www. ... 516007.jpg

and the ratio of the ident as changed. it's more long than tall.

uploads/images/21447468.jpghttps://www. ... 580669.jpg

TV Newsroom

Post by TV Newsroom » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:39 pm

They seem to be using two colours for the live bug, which are red and brown.

Damian

Post by Damian » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:55 pm

The toth ident looks much better that way.