Suffolk Killings

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
scottish

Post by scottish » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:07 pm

The police statement announcing that Steve Wright had been charged with 5 murders was made at 10.15pm. It was covered live on the BBC Ten O'Clock News, BBC News 24 and Sky News - each with different coverage. BBC One and Newsnight had Richard Bilton outside Suffolk Police HQ, while BBC News 24 had Chris Eakin presenting live from inside the press conference with analysis from Margaret Gilmore. Sky had Colin Brazier presenting from Martlesham and Martin Brunt covering the story.

Another side note: last week a newspaper journalist called up Suffolk Police to enquire about the latest on the case, and was advised that he should call Martin Brunt, as "he seems to know everything before we do". He really is one of Sky's strongest assets in my opinion.

vicky23

Post by vicky23 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:06 am

scottish wrote:The police statement announcing that Steve Wright had been charged with 5 murders was made at 10.15pm. It was covered live on the BBC Ten O'Clock News, BBC News 24 and Sky News - each with different coverage. BBC One and Newsnight had Richard Bilton outside Suffolk Police HQ, while BBC News 24 had Chris Eakin presenting live from inside the press conference with analysis from Margaret Gilmore. Sky had Colin Brazier presenting from Martlesham and Martin Brunt covering the story.

Another side note: last week a newspaper journalist called up Suffolk Police to enquire about the latest on the case, and was advised that he should call Martin Brunt, as "he seems to know everything before we do". He really is one of Sky's strongest assets in my opinion.

I have nothing but praise for Martin Brunt. He has done an excellent job over the last few weeks, and he has be on for hours and hours each day. Im glad to see he seems to have disappeared off for Xmas, nobody deserves a break more on Sky than Martin!

Framescourer

Post by Framescourer » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:35 pm

The police statement announcing that Steve Wright had been charged with 5 murders was made at 10.15pm. It was covered live on the BBC Ten O'Clock News, BBC News 24 and Sky News - each with different coverage. BBC One and Newsnight had Richard Bilton outside Suffolk Police HQ, while BBC News 24 had Chris Eakin presenting live from inside the press conference with analysis from Margaret Gilmore. Sky had Colin Brazier presenting from Martlesham and Martin Brunt covering the story.

I have nothing but praise for Martin Brunt. He has done an excellent job over the last few weeks, and he has be on for hours and hours each day. Im glad to see he seems to have disappeared off for Xmas, nobody deserves a break more on Sky than Martin!

Agreed, Brunt often looks put upon but he's tenacious and straightforward.

I've a big issue with this news story though. All this OB anchoring quickly took on a different flavour. Often I didn't find myself being told the news as watching a 'For Your Consideration' type presentation with featured newsreaders keeping one eye on the RTS TV Journalism Awards. Ugh

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:50 pm

Jonna Gosling presenting from outside the police station, during a BBC 1 news special. (Wed 11am)

Fiona Bruce also at Police HQ.

Johnnie
Site Admin

Post by Johnnie » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:26 pm

Anna Botting is presenting live from outside the court of the trial of Steve Wright. Martin Brunt is also in ipswich, and David Crabtree is inside court.

Sky are using a new background for their graphics.

I cannot believe these murders took place over a year ago, where does the time go?