Sky news is dull now

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
del

Post by del » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:35 am

Saturday Live appears to have disappeared the last two weeks from its old format.

Shame, I quite liked Weekend World, the look at the Sport pages and Technofile, on at a slightly easier time, amongst others.

Plus, last weekend was presented by Martin Popplewell/Paula Middlehurst so it's hardly staying permament week-in, week-out.

txwharfrat

Post by txwharfrat » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:17 pm

i think they dropped the format because of this morning's breaking news. Chris started the show as normal by the newswall but soon joined Emma at the desk.

the usual team for this show is Chris/Steve with Emma. Martin Popplewell is just a fill-in, although this website continues to believe otherwise.

del

Post by del » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:26 pm

They dropped the format last week was what I meant, perhaps its staying like this until the Litvinenko story cools down.

xxx

Post by xxx » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:40 pm

I loved Saturday Live with Martin and Paula with the Litvinenko story, it is some of the best output Sky have given us for a while.

Lone

Post by Lone » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:08 pm

jonn0boy wrote:I loved Saturday Live with Martin and Paula with the Litvinenko story, it is some of the best output Sky have given us for a while.

I was watching the report on Litvinenko story which was the main headline two nights ago (can't remember the reporters name), and they decided to add in sound effects. I thought I was watching the Predator movie!