Sky news is dull now

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:42 pm

I like it when Dixon takes the mickey out of Emma for being bossy, they had the film critic on reviewing some new movies and Emma asked if one film was a chick flick or 'Would my boyfriend like to see it?' and Steve said 'Your boyfriend would do as he was told!'

Lone

Post by Lone » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:01 pm

OperaGhost wrote:I've been watching Sky quite a bit since June, and whilst there was a decrease in the originality of the channel since relaunch , so much so it was like watching the blue visual version of News24, of late things have perked up.

They're using the newswall a lot more, on Live at 5 today we had Thomas Moore and the Alexander Litvinenko story, whilst during the day the Pensions story was covered extensively, likewise with Andy Robinsons future earlier in the week.

The presenters too are seemingly acting more human, as has been covered in the Hats off to Brazier thread - the banter between himself and Julie Etchingham [Banana skins ect.]. For the last-weekend Sunrise you had Charlie Thomas impersonating Glenn McGrath and pretending to be an old man, and a while ago the conversation between Steve Dixon and Emma Crosby over how there is nothing wrong with growing old, everyones got to grow old...followed by Steve saying Emma looked great with her wrinkles...

You've just listed the main reasons that make turn me off from watching a news channel

del

Post by del » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:20 pm

Each to their own!

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:31 pm

guvnorgaz wrote:Colin Brazier is good, now shut up classey.Nobody is ever allowed to have a different opinion to you on here or they get a 3 page essay of unreadable drivel quoting song titles and making no sense at all

Well done Mr. Govnorgaz. Of course everybody must have another opinion than me here. That?s for sure - but try to remember it yourself, Guvnorgaz? I?m not agree about Colin Brazier, so don?t talk to me like a boss, because you aren?t and please don?t said shut up, because you love him, and I don?t. It is Forum for everyone or not??????

.....Friendly classey....... :rolleyes: ..

Btw...it?s not my fault, that people can?t remember the old songs from 60?s to 80?s, and I never give any three page essey of unreadable drivel quoting song titles and making no sense at all. Do you remember "We built this city" with Starship and Julie Etchingham? But ok - I?m trying not to do it everytime, I post or make a topic in the future....

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:33 pm

OperaGhost wrote:I've been watching Sky quite a bit since June, and whilst there was a decrease in the originality of the channel since relaunch , so much so it was like watching the blue visual version of News24, of late things have perked up.

They're using the newswall a lot more, on Live at 5 today we had Thomas Moore and the Alexander Litvinenko story, whilst during the day the Pensions story was covered extensively, likewise with Andy Robinsons future earlier in the week.

Oh, and the Info button doesn't provide much information. Sunrises' simulcast on 5 still reads Sunrise with Steve Dixon and Paula Fenech, whilst Saturday Live apparently has movie reviews....

I like the story of Alexandr Litvinenko and always well-informed Thomas Moore......Apropos...5 still reads Sunrise with Steve Dixon and Paula Fenech....is it Paula Middlehurst for the last three-four years? Fenech was back before she got married....Friendly classey....

Lone

Post by Lone » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:55 pm

If you don't mind me asking Classey, where are you from?

del

Post by del » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:00 am

Yes, I know Paula Middlehurst is Paula Fenech, but it still reads Paula Fenech!

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:30 pm

Lone wrote:If you don't mind me asking Classey, where are you from?

Hi Lone!

I am from Copenhagen, Denmark..... Friendly classey...

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:35 am

OperaGhost wrote:Yes, I know Paula Middlehurst is Paula Fenech, but it still reads Paula Fenech!

That?s okay, OperaGhost. Have a nice weekend. Friendly classey...... :rolleyes:

HOWIE

Post by HOWIE » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:28 pm

Is this the new Saturday Live line up now 2 presenters ( Emma & Chris ) ?