Al Jazeera English - General Discussions

Discussions on International News and Sport channels: ABC, CBS, CNN, Fox, NBC, ESPN and TNT
Buletin Utama

Post by Buletin Utama » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:57 am

I have never seen Al Jazeera International because it hasn't come to Canada, but if I wanted to watch it then I'd have to pay to watch it on line. I don't watch anything on line if I need to pay to watch it. I don't trust the internet to do that.

TV Newsroom

Post by TV Newsroom » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:00 am

The bureau of satellite television Al-Jazeera in the capital Mogadishu was indefinitely shuttered on Thursday following an order from intelligence officials of Somalia?s Ethiopian-backed transitional government, according to news reports.

The bureau of the Qatar-based broadcaster was ?effectively closed? today after the station received a letter from the transitional government?s National Security Agency (NSA) ordering the termination of its operations, correspondent Mohammed Adow told CPJ. The letter did not disclose the reason for the move, Mogadishu bureau head of operations Abshir Mohamed told the Associated Press (AP). But AP quoted Somali Information Minister Madobe Nunow Mohamed as saying that he had not seen the letter. ?But I will tell you that Al-Jazeera has conveyed the wrong messages to the world. We will shut down additional radio stations and channels if they distort facts,? he said. Adow denied the allegations.

The move came as former Somali transitional parliament speaker Sharif Hassan Sheikh Adan announced in a phone interview from Qatar that he had been invited by Al-Jazeera to participate in a television debate with the chairman of the ousted Islamists group, according to leading independent HornAfrik Radio. Adan was sacked in January after he opposed the Ethiopian military intervention and called for peace talks with Islamists, according to international news reports. http://www.cpj.org/news/2007/africa/som ... africa/som ... r07na.html

This is Drew

Post by This is Drew » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:15 pm

Why isn't the channel availible on Virgin Media? Also is it just availible on Sky..?

irxin

Post by irxin » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:06 pm

This is Drew wrote:Why isn't the channel availible on Virgin Media? Also is it just availible on Sky..?Now you can't even get Sky news on virgin I recommend a rapid change to a sky dish - Sky news and Al Jez. are available on the Free sky service which you only pay for the box/dish, this installation being cheaper than most rip off merchants charge for an aerial upgrade for "freeview".