Eamonn Holmes why?

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
classeyham

Post by classeyham » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:35 am

guvnorgaz wrote:Sky's problem is it makes, or tries to make, superstars of newsreaders. EAmmons a joke, as was Rubin and Kay Burley is a waste of 2 hours each week day. It makes me laugh the way that these 'stars' vanish at weekends and Bank holidays. Burley will barge her way in if theres a big story so she can hog the limelight, like with the whale story, and her hero slot on Xmas Day Sunrise, after which she had the rest of the week off. I bet someone like Colin Brazier would jump at doing 4 hours on Xmas morning if he got the next week off

Dear Mr. Guvnorgaz. As Always: You are right.....again...Dear classey......

jk80

Post by jk80 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:25 am

I agree that Holmes doesn't seem to take it too seriously, and doing lots of quiz shows means that viewers might regard him as less convincing as a news reader.

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:20 pm

jk80 wrote:I agree that Holmes doesn't seem to take it too seriously, and doing lots of quiz shows means that viewers might regard him as less convincing as a news reader.

Holmes - not a seriously news reader...

For me it isn?t the person Eamonn Holmes. I like "Prince Charming" in front of my Television - but I agree with you "jk80" - he doesn?t seem to take his job seriously. He doing lots of quiz shows, and we (the viewers) might regard Eamonn Holmes as less convincing as a "news" leader.

Jeps. I understand you, "jk80"!....Friendly Classeyham........

del

Post by del » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:08 am

And this new Sunrise is....well I just hope weekend Sunrise doesn't go the same way....

It reminds me of Breakfast a few years ago, where you would have two presenters such as Bill Turnbull and Sian Williams on the sofa/chairs, whilst another newsreader [Suzanne Virdee did a few, so too Moira Stewart] would read the headlines....

Eamonn now appears even more monotonous....all they need is fake flowers, croissants on the table...sofa and we've a blue GMTV :rolleyes:

Saturday Live it works fine as the presenters are quite spontanious, something he no-longer isn't.

txwharfrat

Post by txwharfrat » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:22 am

so yet another single-headed show on Sky News. Perhaps they thought Eamonn works better on his own (and maybe he does) so why did they go and hire someone from outside to read headlines?

she must have been on air 3 mins per hour maximum.

what with the constant paper reviews it reminded me of the short-lived Scott Chisholm Show on the ITVNC, which I thought was great because Scott never seemed to take it seriously.

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:26 am

OperaGhost wrote:And this new Sunrise is....well I just hope weekend Sunrise doesn't go the same way....

It reminds me of Breakfast a few years ago, where you would have two presenters such as Bill Turnbull and Sian Williams on the sofa/chairs, whilst another newsreader [Suzanne Virdee did a few, so too Moira Stewart] would read the headlines....

Eamonn now appears even more monotonous....all they need is fake flowers, croissants on the table...sofa and we've a blue GMTV :rolleyes:

Saturday Live it works fine as the presenters are quite spontanious, something he no-longer isn't.

Mark Longhurst did Sunday morning on his own so it looks like its the way they are going. Its a poor idea, why take on a new presenter to do the news reports? Couldnt one of the current crew have done it?

crazyfj

Post by crazyfj » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:33 am

guvnorgaz wrote:(post=17986:date=Jan 15 2007, 07:53 AM:name=OperaGhost)(OperaGhost @ Jan 15 2007, 07:53 AM) 17986And this new Sunrise is....well I just hope weekend Sunrise doesn't go the same way....

Mark Longhurst did Sunday morning on his own so it looks like its the way they are going. Its a poor idea, why take on a new presenter to do the news reports? Couldnt one of the current crew have done it?

I really don't get it, i've watched sunrise for years and today I turned the channel.

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:40 am

The worst bit about Sunrise was Holmes and now we get an extra dose

del

Post by del » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:41 pm

No, Mark Longhurst was only on his own until 7:30, then Samantha Simmonds joined him.

[7:30 is a rough guess, she was definatley there after that Showbiz stuff at 7:50]

Daisy Steiner

Post by Daisy Steiner » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:44 pm

Just caught part of john reid interview before going to work. Eammon asks questions in a very straight forward manner, some of the presenters try and be too clever, and too long winded which doens't work and i frankly lose track of their point. Eammon has the common touch, and this works for me.