Eamonn Holmes why?

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
crazyfj

Post by crazyfj » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:13 am

Sky are showing adverts for surnise with Eamonn Holmes why?

He was back last week then he is off again (all week so far)

James

Post by James » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:38 am

crazyfj wrote:Sky are showing adverts for surnise with Eamonn Holmes why?

Hes filming his new American quiz show but should be back in a couple of weeks...

mickey

Post by mickey » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:40 am

Why bring him back? Sunrise is far better without him such that I've stopped watching News24.

del

Post by del » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:42 am

It would cost too much to get rid of him?

Sunrise last Friday-Sunday was a lot more refreshing....

...I've even took to Martin Popplewell presenting it the past couple of days!

crazyfj

Post by crazyfj » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:57 am

just don't get the logic, I really like Lorna but they need to find someone who she can work with, either that Steve and Emma are great at the weekend.

txwharfrat

Post by txwharfrat » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:37 pm

i think the hiring of Eamonn Holmes was a vanity appointment on behalf of the previous channel controller, in order to show off the relaunch and get the maximum publicity. I don't think it's worked though, considering he's only ever been part-time and just looks bored and self-interested when he does turn up.

DaveGCI

Post by DaveGCI » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:54 pm

jamej wrote:(post=16498:date=Sep 13 2006, 08:37 AM:name=crazyfj)(crazyfj @ Sep 13 2006, 08:37 AM) 16498

Sky are showing adverts for surnise with Eamonn Holmes why?

Hes filming his new American quiz show but should be back in a couple of weeks...

Pity.

DRL

Post by DRL » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:46 pm

SSLuke wrote:i think the hiring of Eamonn Holmes was a vanity appointment on behalf of the previous channel controller, in order to show off the relaunch and get the maximum publicity. I don't think it's worked though, considering he's only ever been part-time and just looks bored and self-interested when he does turn up.

Isn't it time for someome to admit that Eamonn Holmes was a mistake, as SSLuke suggested? It seemed a very odd appointment from the beginning; he just doesn't seem to come up to the standards of seriousness and credibility that most Sky people have.

Sunrise with Lorna and Martin Popplewell has been a breath of fresh air. I was hoping that reports of EH being in Celebrity Big Brother would turn out to be correct, so that his return could be delayed, but no such luck. I am sure that he is better suited to that sort of programme, where the the emphasis can be on him as a person, rather than having to put content (the news) above personality (his!).

Martin Popplewell would make an ideal replacement; he really seems to relate well to Lorna. Both seem to be paired with the wrong people at present, Lorna on Sunrise and Martin on weekend evenings.

del

Post by del » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:05 pm

Martin Popplewell was very good the past week or so, I agree, he also doesn't seem to be missing his cue to speak like previous.

My only gripe about him now is that he has developed the habit Steve Dixon has, of smiling a bit too much, even when the story is serious.

Maybe Sky will see the light in the end, how long was his [Eammons] contract?

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:47 am

Sky's problem is it makes, or tries to make, superstars of newsreaders. EAmmons a joke, as was Rubin and Kay Burley is a waste of 2 hours each week day. It makes me laugh the way that these 'stars' vanish at weekends and Bank holidays. Burley will barge her way in if theres a big story so she can hog the limelight, like with the whale story, and her hero slot on Xmas Day Sunrise, after which she had the rest of the week off. I bet someone like Colin Brazier would jump at doing 4 hours on Xmas morning if he got the next week off