Matt Lorenzo

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:00 pm

It was in the Daily Record on Saturday that they are handing Kelly's presenting duties over to Hayley McQueen, she will now be doing the womens football and other outside the studio work that Kelly did

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:20 pm

SSLuke wrote:the Daily Mail said she left because she was unhappy with the terms of her new contract offer, but she said in another newspaper that she declined it because she wants to leave to plan her forthcoming wedding (although she's never on more than 3 days a week anyway, so I found this a bit strange).

incidentally, you can hear her on Talksport radio every Monday from 7-10pm and she'll be carrying on with that after she leaves Sky.

I think the wedding planning story is a bit strange, it doesnt take 9 months to plan a wedding, I think the left because they offered her less money is more likely. I have read in other papers that they offered her a pay as you work deal instaed of a salary as she was only working a few days a week and Sky didnt like paying her when she took time off to work for other people, like Talksport. I would say she tried the old ' pay up or Ill leave' trick and it backfired

bouncebackability

Post by bouncebackability » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:51 pm

guvnorgaz wrote:It was in the Daily Record on Saturday that they are handing Kelly's presenting duties over to Hayley McQueen, she will now be doing the womens football and other outside the studio work that Kelly did

Hayley was present at the previous womens football match last week, but not as presenter as Kelly used to be, but as touchline reporter.

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:59 pm

Claire Tomlinson took over presenting it last season

daniel2k6

Post by daniel2k6 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:16 pm

I watched the Womens game at the Valley but recorded it too as my girlfriends mates plays for England & was pleasantly surprised to see/should i say hear Hayley mcqueen doing the after match interviews, she really impressed me! I have been watching the new additions to SSN recently & i reakon if they are 'replacing' Kelly then they have a damn fine replacement in Hayley, how hot is she by the way!!! she is a million times better than when she first started. I wonder if they will be getting in any more new girls.

Id even say finally a replacement for Kirsty Gallagher!!!