Martin Popplewell: "I got 2 lesbians pregnant"

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
skylark

Post by skylark » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:34 am

OperaGhost wrote:

these people have shown no consideration for the future of the child

Isn't that not the case for any child?

How do a hetrosexual couple know when they get married, [or if they are unmarried] and have children, that they will remain together?

No-one knows how the future is going to plan out, if we did would there be the point of life?

That may be so however, my auntie's a Lesbian, she "came out" when one child was 10 and the other was 8 and the kids are screwed up because of it, the marriage was over many years prior and the kids have regular contact with the father too. Whatever you look at it, life and people are cruel and it's unbearable to see how those kids have suffered.

Morals have gone out of the window and this applies to all of us, it appears that children are treated as commodities rather than human beings that require stability in their lives.

xxx

Post by xxx » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:51 am

The children will know that both parents are lesbians from the moment they begin to understand such concepts, the problem with coming out when you have two children who are somewhat cognitally developed and have understood their mother to be heterosexual and then have it forced upon them, then that would be a shock, what children need is love and care, and that does not necessarily have to come from a man and a woman, as two men or two women are equally if not more so able to give such things.

vicky23

Post by vicky23 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:12 pm

I think that it isnt my place to comment whether it is right or not. There is no doubt that these children will receive lots of love and support from all 3 parents. I do however think that they will suffer due to the nasty people in society. When I was at school a girl who had two lesbian mothers was bullied to such an extent that she lashed out and was expelled. I only hope that these 2 children do not suffer in the same way

xxx

Post by xxx » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:53 pm

I share your thoughts vicky

skylark

Post by skylark » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:14 pm

jonn0boy wrote:I share your thoughts vicky

Yep, I agree and if i'm honest i've swung more towards the argument of what's best for the child as opposed to the ethics of sexuality of the partner. Happy to say i've thought about this a little more and through being able to have a frank discussion without being labelled a homophobe etc, have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter about what the parents are, it's about WHO the parents are and how they bring up that child. With regards to my Aunt, ok I used the term 'screwed' but the reality is, would they be any different if she were unhappy, living in a hetrosexual relationship and then passing her frusration to her children? Again, thinking about it, there may be a whole host of other reasons why her children have suffered and that may well be down to plain bad parenting, it's too simplistic and bad argument to say that they have suffered because she's gay.

I think children get bullied for a number of reasons and the key here is not about people having to change because of bullies, rather than, the bullies should be made to respect people for who they are rather than what they are. If you've been brought up being told that something is wrong, it's very difficult to change one's opinions though.

Hey Ho

dodrade

Post by dodrade » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:37 pm

I suspect its the only way he'll have kids too.

xxx

Post by xxx » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:47 pm

How do you say that dodrade?

vicky23

Post by vicky23 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:59 am

its just sad that these kids may suffer due to the bullys in society. However, if these children do suffer from any difficulties they will have lots of love, affection and support from the parents