Lukwesa Burak

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
Daisy Steiner

Post by Daisy Steiner » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:12 pm

Missed her too...gutted.

Anyone on the inside know if she'll be on again?

Yup she does have legs. Used to watch her in the East Midlands. Fab bod, and a fan of skirts, so you always got to see her pins. Struck by how tall she is.

Sometimes you'd catch her in leather pants......ahhhhhhhh!

Even looked hot when she was pregnant - that sounds pervy - but always kept her style is what i'm trying to say.

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:45 pm

One more Time...

Coming back after four days from the Wild West and Los Angeles (monday - thursday evening), I try one more time to find out of Lukwesa and the Sunday Mail Zambia from 25. Jan 2007:

Dear Greekbugger: (25. Jan,. 2007) You have sent me a post here "Sunday Mail" with a story of Lukwesa Burak and it was: Lukwesa(s) royalty glows on Sky News" - You said: Well done Lukwesa - you are making us all very proud....

I wrote it all two times the same evening (with my wife) and ones the morning after - but I?ll forgot to take a print of it, and then we say: Christ on a Bike!

First three weeks later I?d tried again, but now it was "Sunday Mail" Zambia, and also Lions Club of Mulungushli adolpts Chawama clinic....so I couldnot find the originally Sunday Mail Zambia?? If anyone can help me, I ?ll be very happy....

Some of the story (short)

(Sunday Mail Zambia) One name though that just can?t be a coincidence is that of Lukwesa. Or could it be? Lukwesa Burak is Sky News television anchor. NEBAT MBEWE finds out who Lukwesa Burak really is.

-I was born in Zambia, Ndola, and have fond memories of my land of birth, Lukwesa said in reply to an initial query on weather she had any links to Zambia.

This was 33 years ago, now nearly 34, and Lukwesa says, this does seem a very, very long time ago when written down.

-I also remember my grandfather, Francis - and my father, George - a businessman. He was murdered in the 1980s.

Lukwesa?s mother, Yvonne Monteiro, was a secretary who later remarried and relocated with the family to Britain/England.

Lukwesa talked when she came to England and later to Sussex to read for her first degree in Geography and European Studies. As part of this course, she studied at the University of Neuchatel in Schweiz/Schwitzerland. The story (very short) ended with BBC and today at Sky News as presenter...(very beauty presenter).....

I can the most of this story now without paper/print - but I still hope for a lucky punch from Mr. Greekbugger or anyone else! Because it is a true story.....

................Classeyham & Friends...........

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:31 am

Woefully Cheap

What a gloony and bizzare night watch on Sky News this night/morning.....

"Do you self a favour, stay away (The Times) from the cabaret The Shaw Theatre - but, at least, at very good female presenter......

Also a good story from Africa correspondent, Emma Hurd, but NOT a single - NOT only a word (!) of Denmarks crown princess, Mary, and her new born baby-girl, the second after crown prince Christian, earlier this evening in Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen! ....For me! What a big surprise from the Royal TV-Channel Sky News???

.........classeyham.........

Daisy Steiner

Post by Daisy Steiner » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:13 am

Classey,

I'm no super-sleuth, but i would have thought that you being a reporter would find it simple to contact the Mail on Sunday and simply ask them for a copy of the article they wrote. Is the name you mention the journalist who wrote the article?

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:35 pm

techno_surfer wrote:Classey,

I'm no super-sleuth, but i would have thought that you being a reporter would find it simple to contact the Mail on Sunday and simply ask them for a copy of the article they wrote. Is the name you mention the journalist who wrote the article?

Upside Down

Dear techno_surfer. The Mail on Sunday couldn`t say anything about Greekbugger in March, when I ask them - except that the person there interviewed/got the story with Lukwesa was from Sunday Mail - and it wasn?t a reporter called Greekbugger, Sunday Mail - serving Zambia Without Fear or Favour!!!

As I wrote yesterday, I know the most of the story with Lukwesa, who is named after her grandmother, has a fairly good collection of her days in Ndola!

Later she (Lukwesa Burak) went to the BBC Television Centre in the Weather Department in Nottingham - before she came to Sky News and later be called The Breakthrough of the Year of a viewer (!) and best female presenter since Linda Duberley.

But it is Upside Down like the song from Diana Ross, in 1980 - because nobody (I know) remember today the story and nothing about Greekbugger, so it isn?t the journalist, who wrote the article.

I know Lukwesa Burak is one of the best female presenters in Europe?s Television today, but the true story from Sunday Mail 25. Jan. 2007 is only superficial in my "head" and what my wife told me. So..never mind...techno_surfer:

It is working day again tomorrow: Let?s Get It On.....

See you ....maybe...next weekend. Happy Blue Monday...

...........Classeyham & Friends...........

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:10 am

The Great Wall Of Sound..

Sky News Tonight was FAB with a lots of stories like the tragic death of one of the best english soccer player, Alan Ball, 61, Everton. The WC-winner from 1966 (victory over West Germany 4-2). The Phil Spector "Wall of Sound" trial from US (with Orla Chennaoui) and The Marlon Brandon Documentary (Showbiz) and many other things like Mr. George Bush as a dancer the whole night in Africa (!!!)...

Alan Ball was a true legend!

Phil Spector was a true legend...in the 60s with records like: Teddy Bears "To Know Him Is To Love Him" (leadsinger), Curtis Lee "Under The Moon Of Love", The Crystals "Da Doo Ron Ron", The Ronettes "Be My Baby", The Crystals "Then He Kissed Me", The Righteous Brothers "You?ve Lost That Loving Feeling" and "Unchained Melody" - especially from the Blockbuster 1990 "Ghost", Sonny Charles and the Checkmated Ltd. with "Black Pearl" and "Proud Mary", Ike & Tina Turner "River Deep - Mountain High" and the last big one The Ramones and "Be My Baby" (New Wave).

Finally Marlon Brando Documentary.....

It is only five days ago we here in Copenhagen (12 friends) saw the last big Brando-film "Don Juan De Marco" with Brando, Johnny Depp and Faye Dunnaway from New Line, Francis Ford Coppola and Jack Mickler. And the Oscar-song from Bryan Adams "Have Yoy Ever Really Loved A Woman?

A very fine 1995-hit song in Hollywood.

Great performance from Sky News Night Team as usual. We got the whole Wall of Sound this night........Classeyham.....

Jay30

Post by Jay30 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:23 pm

I think Lukwesa is back on Sunrise tomorrow (Sunday) morning - hurrah!!!!

Daisy Steiner

Post by Daisy Steiner » Tue May 01, 2007 8:15 am

I'm doomed to never catch her. How was she? Who was she on with?

Daisy Steiner

Post by Daisy Steiner » Tue May 01, 2007 6:27 pm

I'd love to be able to wake to Lukwesa in the mornings. It would add something extra to Sunrise with Eammon.

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Wed May 02, 2007 2:01 pm

techno_surfer wrote:I'm doomed to never catch her. How was she? Who was she on with?

Boom!There she was

Dear "techno_surfer". Could not see SNs the whole weekend (Family birthday-party in Jylland long away from CPH.).. Only three min....and Boom! There she was.....with Mr. Mark Longhurst. How was she? You know that better than me!....As ever......Friendly classeyham.....