Lukwesa Burak

Discussions on news and breaking news events including, BBC News, ITV News, Sky News
xxx

Post by xxx » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:03 pm

I stand by that comment I made in August, how time flies! She does deserve at least a chance. Gordon wasn't rubbish, I would say he was an acquired taste!

I will also say that I have started to like Samantha Simmonds, she did a good job with the breaking news regarding the death sentence of Saddam Hussein and therefore, righteously, deserves her place in the day schedule ahead of Lukwesa. Her time will probably come but I don't think it will be for quite a while to come.

Daisy Steiner

Post by Daisy Steiner » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:09 pm

jonn0boy wrote:I stand by that comment I made in August, how time flies! She does deserve at least a chance. Gordon wasn't rubbish, I would say he was an acquired taste!

I will also say that I have started to like Samantha Simmonds, she did a good job with the breaking news regarding the death sentence of Saddam Hussein and therefore, righteously, deserves her place in the day schedule ahead of Lukwesa. Her time will probably come but I don't think it will be for quite a while to come.

Mmm..why do you think that is? Do you think maybe 1 black face on the SN dayshift is more than enough for the viewers?

irxin

Post by irxin » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:18 pm

"Mmm..why do you think that is? Do you think maybe 1 black face on the SN dayshift is more than enough for the viewers?"

That is a very Beeboid/Gaurdian/Independent type comment ? what the hell has skin colour got to do with the ability to present news - it is not an issue.

Lukwesa reads with excellent clarity and a lovely smile, she seems to enjoy what she is doing even though it is the middle of the night.

I would love to see her on days so she could prove one way or the other that she was not just a news reader but a presenter able to interview and interact with others. Her character would appear ideal but I have only ever seen her do the odd live interview which she handled fine ? A Turkish Bomb.

guvnorgaz

Post by guvnorgaz » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:25 pm

Can someone read all that for me and translate for me,I dont talk b@llocks

xxx

Post by xxx » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:13 pm

"Mmm..why do you think that is? Do you think maybe 1 black face on the SN dayshift is more than enough for the viewers?"

I think that comment is out of order. Are you trying to insinuate that I am racist? If you are I would like to see substantial evidence to back up that claim. I will put that horrific post down to ignorance and possible bitterness on your behalf.

Or alternatively don't answer to save your embarrassment of trying to explain that ill-thought out post.

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:02 pm

guvnorgaz wrote:Can someone read all that for me and translate for me,I dont talk b@llocks

Sorry for my post today.......

To jonn0boy/guvnorgaz & friends....

Somethings wrong with my post today from 152 - 160. It isn?t my and especially my opinion. Some "other"....people has doing a lot of........bad public. I don?t know, because I haven?t stay at home from 09.30 to 10.30 CET. Saturday.

I have sent a message to News Forum (Admin), but it never be in order before monday. So forget post 152 - 160. So sorry.....I dont talk bollocks, too.....Classeyham :mellow:

Daisy Steiner

Post by Daisy Steiner » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:38 pm

Oh dear...i think my question has been somewhat misunderstood. I was hoping for an insider/industry view. As a humble viewer and not someone who works in the media/journalism world, i was looking for your views on the matter. The subject is one covered in the newspapers, and often read news presenters referred to my their ethnic status. (think "Moira Stewart the first black female news presenter" and recent news that France had finally apointed their first national black female presenter). I simply thought the subject was worthy of a discussion. In no way was i trying to make racist insinuations, and apologies if it came across that way. The industry appears to be well aware of the subject of ethnic presenters, with the BBC appointing what the papers referred to a their first "Diversity Tsar". Was hoping for your views n the matter.

Classey, i'm not sure i missed something..i caught the first hour the late news, and from what i understood, Lukwesa was quoting directly from a comment made by Imelda Marcos, who herself described her jewellery as "priceless garbage". Struck me as odd, if not, amusing, that Imelda should admit this. We all know what happened to the last person who descirbed their jewellery merchandise as rubbish, or something along those lines. What's the third world go to do with anything..?

I think i'll stick to watching the news from now on.

xxx

Post by xxx » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:54 pm

Sorry for the misunderstanding techno.

irxin

Post by irxin » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:09 pm

Getting back to more serious matters.

Earlier the subject of sexy presentation on Sky came up - Jo Wheeler is looking particulary

well dressed tonight.

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:59 pm

Who is Lukeswa???

Please, give me the name of the "blockhead" who mis-spell Lukwesa Burak for Lukeswa!!!