Fewer Presenters

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
bouncebackability
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by bouncebackability » Wed May 17, 2006 11:58 am

OperaGhost wrote:was Rob Wotton on today? Whatever happened to Bundesliga Review he used to do?





Sky lost the rights to the Bundesliga at the end of 03/04 season (I think, not sure?) and so there was no footage to be shown during the Bundesliga Review show.

me
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:48 pm

Post by me » Wed May 17, 2006 12:22 pm

What is wrong with Kelly, who supports Liverpool, going to the FA Cup Final.



Claire Tomlinson is in Paris for the Champions League. She use to work at Arsenal before she joined Sky Sports.



If i remember last summer, Claire was on Sky Sports News during the Summer.



Was Rob Wotton doing the Chelsea trophy thing on Sunday this year like he did last year.



It makes common sense to me, those people who support their teams should go and report on their teams if they win something etc

bouncebackability
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by bouncebackability » Wed May 17, 2006 1:48 pm

Jason1970 wrote:What is wrong with Kelly, who supports Liverpool, going to the FA Cup Final.



Claire Tomlinson is in Paris for the Champions League. She use to work at Arsenal before she joined Sky Sports.



If i remember last summer, Claire was on Sky Sports News during the Summer.



Was Rob Wotton doing the Chelsea trophy thing on Sunday this year like he did last year.



It makes common sense to me, those people who support their teams should go and report on their teams if they win something etc





Yeah Rob was there on Sunday. And also last year Matt Lorenzo covered the West Ham play off win parade; the team he supports.

txwharfrat
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:47 am

Post by txwharfrat » Wed May 17, 2006 6:21 pm

lazyday wrote:Yes, I'm mystified as to why those two have got regular hours. Must be in their contract. The only time the others get a look in on their slot is when covering for holidays or when Georgie's presenting on another chanel. I've never seen David Jones doing anything anywhere else.





i think it's just because they regard 4-8 as their most important slot so they give it a regular presenting team, something they've done since the days of Dave Clark and Kirsty Gallagher.



David Jones used to be touchline reporter for Prem Plus before replacing Dave Clark as afternoon SSN presenter.

guvnorgaz
Posts: 978
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:30 pm

Post by guvnorgaz » Wed May 17, 2006 6:29 pm

Yeah but come on,its not fair on Dave Jones,he is a Sunderland supporter!! And Hayley was with Boro for the UEFA Cup final,she used to work for boro's own tv channel

January
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:37 pm

Post by January » Tue May 23, 2006 1:24 pm

Was anybody watching today when they clearly had a bit of a sound mix-up? Viewers learned that Georgie T had a "sneezy head cold" whilst we were supposed to be watching Sven. Both Dave and Georgie were very polite to a person called Ryan though.

The Eagle
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:41 am

Post by The Eagle » Tue May 23, 2006 1:49 pm

Sky Sports News now runs live until 12.15AM, presumably to say 'good morning' to viewers at midnight so that this can run 'through the night', before joining the recorded version at 12.15am.

mazoeboy
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:50 pm

Post by mazoeboy » Tue May 23, 2006 2:22 pm

January wrote:Was anybody watching today when they clearly had a bit of a sound mix-up? Viewers learned that Georgie T had a "sneezy head cold" whilst we were supposed to be watching Sven. Both Dave and Georgie were very polite to a person called Ryan though.







I heard Dave ask if there mics were on but that was it.

guvnorgaz
Posts: 978
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:30 pm

Post by guvnorgaz » Tue May 23, 2006 2:37 pm

There have been alot of really bad foul ups like that on SSN and the News channel,they fade out the mics before presenters have finished speaking, leave mics open when they are offscreen and things like that,a couple of years ago Kelly was up in the little booth after Soccer Saturday doing the sports headlines while they changed the studio back and they came back from an ad break early and she was messing with something under the desk and was going 'No, but I can hear that your shouting at me' before realising she was on air and she looked stunned!





As for the 12-15 finish, I always thought they recorded the 'Good morning and welcome to through the night,coming up' during the midnight ad break and it is then added to the start of the recorded 11pm to midnight hour

The Eagle
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:41 am

Post by The Eagle » Tue May 23, 2006 5:24 pm

guvnorgaz wrote:As for the 12-15 finish, I always thought they recorded the 'Good morning and welcome to through the night,coming up' during the midnight ad break and it is then added to the start of the recorded 11pm to midnight hour





No, it's usually the same hour (11pm) repeated through the night, as the static DOG appears from TOTH. The presenters simply say something along the lines of "you're watching through the night" or "welcome to sky sports news" to avoid saying good evening or good morning incorrectly.



This time it was live until 12.15am - I know this as the DOG was as normal (with the time saying |MAY 23| 12.00AM| etc), before being covered with the static DOG (to cover the time) after the first break.



Watch tonight!

Post Reply