Gr?inne Seoige

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
skyspy

Post by skyspy » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:38 pm

She has a deep voice for a woman , i think her gruff style of talking and the heavy irish accent only add to this. I find it wearing and hard to listen to for any length of time.

stephen from kerry

Post by stephen from kerry » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:01 pm

good luck to her

ian

Post by ian » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:26 pm

tippguy wrote:Report from today's Irish Sunday Independant

...But, with a new short, slick haircut and wearing an Alexander McQueen-style black and white wide-collared suit, she made her inaugural bulletin, delivered in her distinctive gentle west of Ireland tones. ...

Am I missing something? In the caps at the top of this thread she clearly has long hair, tied back. (Thanks for reposting the pics, BTW.) She isn't wearing a black and white suit either, so presumably they're from a different bulletin, but has she really had her hair cut short now? If she has, can anyone post caps of her new style?

Cheers,

Ian.

newshound_ie

Post by newshound_ie » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:04 pm

She hasn't cut her hair, and she wore black both times I saw her this past week. The 'Indo' as usual isn't quite sure of it's facts!

skyspy

Post by skyspy » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:35 pm

ian wrote:(post=13214:date=Feb 5 2006, 05:06 PM:name=tippguy)(tippguy @ Feb 5 2006, 05:06 PM) 13214

Report from today's Irish Sunday Independant

...But, with a new short, slick haircut and wearing an Alexander McQueen-style black and white wide-collared suit, she made her inaugural bulletin, delivered in her distinctive gentle west of Ireland tones. ...

Am I missing something? In the caps at the top of this thread she clearly has long hair, tied back. (Thanks for reposting the pics, BTW.) She isn't wearing a black and white suit either, so presumably they're from a different bulletin, but has she really had her hair cut short now? If she has, can anyone post caps of her new style?

Cheers,

Ian.

I concur , her hair hasnt been cut , it looked slicked back in a different style and off her face. I dont know what the ISI could have thinking of when they referred to her appearance.

TV Newsroom

Post by TV Newsroom » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:38 pm

I've just seen a new Sunrise advert with Eamonn only and its says at the end of the promo "Sunrise 6AM with Eamonn Holmes"

members have said on this and other forums that Grainne will be doing a few shifts on Sunrise. I wonder what's happening to Lorna Dunkey? (if anything)

carmel

Post by carmel » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:46 pm

Maybe Lorna is having som time off. Shock horror! Yes, yet another discrepancy in the Independent article. Perhaps we should start asking questions of Miss Larissa Nolan!

newshound_ie

Post by newshound_ie » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:24 pm

This again from the 'Irish Independent'.

Glamorous Grainne to stay here (for now)

CELEBRITY newscaster Grainne Seoige will not be leaving Sky Ireland in the immediate future.

The glamorous Co Galway TV star is currently working in London on the UK's main news service but is rostered to return to Dublin on February 20 to resume fronting Irish Sky News. However, it may be only a matter of time before she returns to London.

Grainne, who is married to TV3s News Sports Correspondent Stephen Cullinane, has been working in the UK flagship station for the last two weeks.

However, according to insiders, this is normal as reporters and presenters are rotated.

Grainne's move to London had fuelled speculation that she was to break into highly paid British TV.

She has been the main face of Sky Ireland since the service began in May 2004.

Since moving to London Grainne has been seen by millions of viewers fronting the early morning news bulletins, but she will be moving to the prime time slot from 9pm to midnight.

xxx

Post by xxx » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:10 am

Am I the only person not to like Grainne?

SkyFanIreland

Post by SkyFanIreland » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:59 am

jonn0boy wrote:Am I the only person not to like Grainne?

No. Most people in Ireland don't bother watching Sky bulletins because of her. I'd be glad to see her gone off to London. Though I must admit that she seems better reading there!

Paul