Gr?inne Seoige

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
Musey

Post by Musey » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:45 am

and here's a short clip from the overnight shift as well...

http://rapidshare.de/files/12389693/CH0 ... e.mpg.html>

newshound_ie

Post by newshound_ie » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:23 pm

Gr?inne Seoige - say it like Graw-nya Show-iga

robbief

Post by robbief » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:02 pm

Interesting article in last nights Evening Herald. From what I can recall Gr?inne is to present with Chris & Gillian from 9-midnight and then it mentioned her presenting with Eamonn Holmes on sunrise. Was a bit vague to be honest. Will check article and update post.

stephen from kerry

Post by stephen from kerry » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:26 pm

She is one of the best newsreaders in ireland. I supsect she will end up in london at some point. An ambitious lady. Good luck to her Any more pics

Stevo

Post by Stevo » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:15 pm

She is one of the best newsreaders in ireland. I supsect she will end up in london at some point. An ambitious lady.Probably the best (and prettiest) newsreader in Ireland. Yeah, I think it is only a matter of time before Gr?inne Seoige makes it over to London as well. Still, we don't mind sharing our lovely ladies with the rest of the Sky News watching public do we? So the more we see of Gr?inne on the mainstream Sky News, the better!

Glenn

Post by Glenn » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:27 am

Gr?inne's on the overnight again tonight/this morning!

tippguy

Post by tippguy » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:10 am

Report from today's Irish Sunday Independant

Grainne shows she's ready for TV's global big-time

LARISSA NOLAN

NEWSGIRL Grainne Seoige made her first appearance on Sky News' global service last week - though it was on the station's graveyard shift.

Grainne, 32, debuted without fanfare on a slot with one of the station's lowest viewership figures.

Few Irish viewers tuned in for her first broadcast, which went out in the early hours of Saturday morning, a time when most people are either out or asleep.

The ambitious newsreader, from Spiddal, Co Galway, had long denied that she had any aspirations of graduating to the big league.

But, with a new short, slick haircut and wearing an Alexander McQueen-style black and white wide-collared suit, she made her inaugural bulletin, delivered in her distinctive gentle west of Ireland tones. Grainne can currently be seen on the station from midnight to 6am.

She has joined the likes of Kay Burley and Jeremy Thompson at the station's West London HQ having been the main face of Sky Ireland since May 2004.

Grainne will not be stuck in the graveyard shift for long and sources say she will soon move to the prime 9pm-to-12pm slot shortly. There are plans for her to appear on the high-rating news show Sunrise with Eamonn Holmes.

She is working in both the UK and Ireland for the next six weeks, but says she is not planning a full-time move to Britain.

And even though she is now a star on a news service that goes across the world, the mother-of-one insists she will never get a big head.

When she first joined Sky News Ireland she told the Sunday Independent: "There is no chance of me getting too big for my boots, my mother, sister and husband would be very quick to point it out to me if I started to change."

TV Newsroom

Post by TV Newsroom » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:11 am

tippguy wrote:Grainne will not be stuck in the graveyard shift for long and sources say she will soon move to the prime 9pm-to-12pm slot shortly. There are plans for her to appear on the high-rating news show Sunrise with Eamonn Holmes.

9pm to 12pm - That's a long shift. but seriously, Does that mean Sky News 'Today AM' or 'Tonight' ?

carmel

Post by carmel » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:51 am

It would seem Larissa Nolan from the Independent has not done her research very well saying Saturday morning was her first appearance. Is she more interested in being bitchy than writing about Grainne doing well. How long is Grainne going to be in the UK? I have read 2 weeks, 6 weeks. Who is right?

newshound_ie

Post by newshound_ie » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:15 pm

12pm is what's printed in the original article. However, I assume it should have been 12am (midnight), therefore, 'Sky News Tonight'.

If this is not a permanent move for Gr?inne (as per report), is it just to cover leave for other anchors at news centre?