New Weather Presenter "Lucy"

Discussions on news networks: BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News, 5 News and Sky News
txwharfrat

Post by txwharfrat » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:59 pm

jonn0boy+Dec 1 2005, 07:55 PM(jonn0boy @ Dec 1 2005, 07:55 PM)

It must be just me, as she never seems to get any better at all. Totally error strewn most of the time

no it isn't just you. She only ever comes across as amateurish and has all the style of a 12-year old on work experience...

I tend to think that if she looked like a 45-year old housewife from Barnsley, there wouldn't be the kind of replies we're seeing on this thread

sky_news_nut

Post by sky_news_nut » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:15 pm

She only ever comes across as amateurish and has all the style of a 12-year old on work experience...Oh for goodness sake, give the girl a chance! She's only been presenting a few months so I imagine it's all still rather new to her and very different from what she was doing at the PA WeatherCentre. Also this new arrangement for the forecast at the end of the hour being AFTER the commerical break doesn't exactly help; she's gotta totally rush through it all in about 30seconds.

even if she does make the odd mistake, I still think she's great!

txwharfrat

Post by txwharfrat » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:49 am

don't be silly. If you are claiming she can't deal with the nuances of live TV - then she shouldn't be there! They've numerous weather girls who are much better but who seem to have been sidelined to weekend shifts.

And Denise started at Sky around the same time IIRC and has quickly settled in and looks a natural.

gillw

Post by gillw » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:21 am

Lucy and Denise are MUCH better now.

xxx

Post by xxx » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:46 pm

She is exactly that, on work experience.

I must ask, if she was 45 and looked like Ann Widdecombe, would you be raving about her based on her presenting ability.

Like Luke, I think not!!

sky_news_nut

Post by sky_news_nut » Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:20 am

Lucy is back!

Where has she been??? Haven't seen her in ages!

sky_news_nut

Post by sky_news_nut » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:14 pm

saw Lucy talking from the Sky News WeatherCentre today. She was sitting infront of her computer, talking about the bad snow.

Despite what some of you have been saying, she is actually a pretty clever lady! She obviously knows her stuff, as not just any idiot can present the weather. I have seen her presenting alot recently and she is fine now, and probably is only making mistakes no more than the likes of Francis, Lisa etc. So i think she's definitely settled in now like the rest of the new folk have.

Thanks!

Martin

classeyham

Post by classeyham » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:56 pm

From This Moment on...

Today since 06.58 AM I?ve follow the new Sky Weather presenter, Lucy Verasamy. As I know, she?s only been presending a few months - so give the girl her chance.

Today she was very very good. No mistake and no fault. Ouick and smiling!

Maybe she have Hazel Murray as her teacher this morning! :rolleyes:

Give Lucy Verasamy a few months more. Then she will be in the "same class" as Jo Wheeler, Steff Gaulter and Sarah Moore. Thank You!

sky_news_nut

Post by sky_news_nut » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:00 pm

Hi,

I've been a big Lucy fan since I first saw her in October.

At first she was a bit nervous and made a few mistakes - and understably so - but she's really settled down now and is doing just fine.

I really like her presenting style: She is confident, enthusiastic, and she has a very interesting voice - not at all boring like some other presenters. Good expressions and movement too. And of course there is the added bonus that she is absolutely gorgeous!

Was glad about all the snow that's affected the country over the last couple of days as it's meant Lucy has been on alot more - she was talking to Martin at the newswall this morning about how the snow is gonna spread!

And she's been working almost every day recently (Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, 27th, today) - what a pro!

So all-in-all, I think Lucy is pretty cool. 10/10 I say.

superstar999

Post by superstar999 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:25 pm

I completly agree... she has been getting better, and I have grown to like her In a few months she will be a star weather presenter